Today's post is one that everyone should be able to relate to, regardless of the sport(s) your athlete(s) play! I recently asked the awesome sports mamas in my Facebook Group the following question, and the answers I received were just too good (and true!!) not to share.
You know you're a Sports Mama when...
- You either have dinner at 4:00 or 10:00 at night. - Brandi W.
- It doesn't matter what the weather is because you have everything you need for a 90 degree day to a 10 degree day in your truck! - Maria T.
- Your car buying decision centers around how many players and how much lacrosse gear it will fit. - Kristin V.
- You can't find a water bottle and know to check under the seats in your car. - Julia S.
- You open your GPS app, tap in the search box and your child's practice/training/game facility locations come up. - Sonya J.
- All vacations are centered around AAU Nationals locations! - Joy B.
- Fast food is divided up into categories; Expensive (Arby's Chic-Fil-A, Zaxby's)-can only eat there when it's you and one athlete and Cheap (McDonald's, Burger King, Wendy's)-can afford to feed the whole family. - Jennifer J.
- You're waking up at 4am to drive 3 hours to a tournament on a Saturday. - Misty J.
- Your weekly dinner plan is based on practice days, pregame meal days, and game days. - Rebekah C.
- You feel guilty because you have to miss one son play because another one has a game at the same time - Tania C.
- You have to tell your friends who want to get together, "Sorry, it's a cheer night." - Michelle W.
- All your clothes match the kid's team colors. - DeKesha W.
- You find a cup in your purse... not the kind you drink out of!!! - Angela C.
Sound like your life? Then be sure to join the Confessions of a Sports Mama Facebook Group to connect with hundreds of REAL Sports Mamas, just like yourself!