Hello Sports Mamas! I know, I know. I've been gone for way too long. I'm sure you all can guess one of the biggest reasons why… COVID. Thankfully this Sports Mama, her Coach Hubby, and three boys are all healthy. I hope you all are too! There just isn't much of anything share worthy going on these days. I promise to try to be better though!
Even though Virginia is in Phase 3, football is a no-go here. (Sobs uncontrollably). At least not this Fall. VHSL (Virginia High School League) voted to postpone our season. Football practice is set to begin February 4th with the first game being played February 22nd. Brrr! As you can guess, we're all a bit heartbroken; the players, the mamas, the coaches. This is our first Fall in 9 years without it. It honestly doesn't even feel right. No. 1 is set to be this year's starting QB on Varsity. Junior year is incredibly crucial for those athletes hoping to play in college. I am crossing my fingers (and toes!) that we do in fact have a season!
So what am I sharing today? One of my favorite Fall recipes, Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins!
They are delicious, easy, and most importantly team approved!
Here's what you'll need:
- 1 and 2/3 cup of flour
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup of pumpkin
- 1/2 cup of butter (melted)
- 1/2 cup of milk chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup of white chocolate chips
Here's what you'll do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Mix all of your dry ingredients (flour, sugar, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder, baking soda, salt).
- Whisk in eggs, pumpkin, butter. Mix well.
- Add in chocolate chips (milk chocolate and white chocolate). Mix just until combined.
- Line muffin tins and spray with non-stick cooking spray. Fill each one to the top with batter and add a couple chocolate chips on top.
- Bake for 25 minutes and ENJOY!
What are your favorite Fall recipes? Let me know in the comment section down below!