Monday, September 10, 2018

Sports Mama Tip: Rainy Game Day Essentials

Rain, rain, go away. It rained ALL weekend long here in Northern Virginia. Ugh. But, sports must go on! After sitting through four (yes, four!) games in the rain (2 soccer and 2 football), I realized that I have yet to write a post on rainy game day essentials, so, here we are!







  • Poncho. My number one essential! I'm currently using this one. It is large, durable, and reusable. My clothes, head, and hair all stayed completely dry. I paid less than $10 for it and is holding up very well thus far!
  • Umbrella. A no brainer. I'm on the hunt for a new one. Have one that you love? Please let me know!
  • Hat. An added layer of protection under your poncho. I like to tuck all of my hair into mine because curly hair + rain = a hot mess!
  • Rain boots. You can even find a pair to match your team colors! No rain boots? No problem! Any pair of waterproof, closed toe shoes will do!
  • Layers. Layers and game days go together like peanut butter and jelly. Cold rainy day? Put on a few extra. Warm, humid and rainy? Take a couple off. There's nothing worse than being too chilly or too hot and not being able to do anything about it!
  • Towel. To wipe the rain off of bleachers. To wipe the rain off of yourself.
  • Stadium seat/cushion. Because who wants to sit on wet bleachers?! Umm.. not me!!
  • Chair. At a game with no bleachers? Bring a chair. You can even get one like this with a canopy!
  • Canopy. Speaking of canopies, they're not just for shade. They work just as well for keeping you (and your Sports Mama bffs!) dry. You can set it up on the sidelines or in the stands. Your choice!


Honorable mention:


  • Under the Weather Pod. I don't own one, nor have I ever used one. In fact, I'm not sure I'd ever want to own one. BUT, I know that people are using them. In fact, I saw a mama with one at No. 3's flag football games last season. And I'll tell you what. She was definitely the driest person on the field. HA!



Stay dry, Sports Mamas!


Do you have a rainy game day essential that I missed? Let me know in the comment section below or in the Confessions of a Sports Mama Facebook Group!










*** Be sure to click HERE for my warm weather essentials and HERE for my cold weather essentials!



5 comments:

  1. Great list. I use a totes automatic open close umbrella. It’s sturdy and compact.
    https://www.totes.com/p/totes-auto-open-close-sun-umbrella-neverwet-8706
    I also love my Eddie Bauer rain jacket. It has zippers under the arms that they call pit zips to allow for venting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the recommendations! I'll have to check them both out!!

      Delete
  2. Hand warmers are a must!!!💜🏈💜

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gold umbrellas are definitely a necessity!

    ReplyDelete