Sunday, February 12, 2017

Sports Mama Tip: Trophy and Medal Display Ideas

My boys have earned quite a few trophies, medals, and ribbons over the course of their short "careers". I didn't want them to just sit around and collect dust nor did I want to spend a fortune to display them.


Here's what I came up with:





For No. 3 who has the smallest of the collections, we purchased this floating white shelf from Home Depot for about $20. It was easy to hang and all mounting hardware was included.




To hang his medals, I used white 1 inch Command Hooks. I wasn't too fond of the idea of drilling a bunch of holes into the shelf. The hooks are inexpensive and damage free. And of course, more can be added as needed.




I love how it all came together. And so did No. 3!


No. 1 and No. 2 have the larger collections and each have a glass display case from Ikea in their bedrooms. They have had them for years now. I like the fact that the shelves are removable. We had to remove one of No. 1's to allow for some of his larger trophies to fit.




I organized each shelf by sport.




As you can see, they hold A LOT.




My goal was not only that they look nice, but more importantly that they serve as constant reminders to my boys that (their) hard work really does pay off!


What do you use to display your athlete's awards? Let me know in the comment section down below!








*** Here is another fun idea from Confessions of a Sports Mama Facebook group  member Jody D.




Click HERE to purchase one yourself! Be sure to join our group for more Sports Mama ideas!






No comments:

Post a Comment