Thursday, February 23, 2017

Thankful Thursday- February 23, 2017

  • Early (heck, more like late) Spring temps.  I know it's seems like I'm thankful for the weather week after week, but I truly am. Today's expected high is 74 degrees!!! I didn't even wear a jacket out of the house this morning, just a blouse and a cardigan. I even saw kids at the bus stop in shorts. It's February, people! Amazing! I will definitely be walking to pick No. 2 and No. 3 up from school today, leash in hand. I can't wait!
  • Chewy.com. I'd heard good things about them, but never placed an order until Tuesday. And guess what? My ordered arrived Wednesday (the very next day!) at 10:17am! That was WITH their standard shipping. I ordered the Furminator and a bone and was pleased with both. Ginger has been shedding like crazy lately. I'd been given nothing but positive feedback regarding the Furminator and it didn't disappoint. I can't even begin to tell you how much fur I removed with it. And the bone, well let's just say that she literally sat in the same place for an hour and a half going to town on it. I will definitely be ordering from them again!
  • Unexpected mommy visits. My mama came up this past weekend! I had no clue she was coming. She loves surprising us. We took advantage of the time with an impromptu barbeque. We had burgers, sausages, hot dogs, filet mignon, corn on the cob, rice, and beans. And chocolate chip cookies. Can't forget the cookies! Hubby also lit the fire pit which we sat around for hours, laughing and making memories.
  • 32 year old me. There's a new found confidence you find in your thirties. A confidence that shines bright without even having to try very hard. You learn that you don't need that full face of makeup. A bit of concealer and mascara will do just fine, you're already beautiful. You learn that just because models and celebrities are wearing it, doesn't mean you have to. You are your own fashionista. And if you choose to strut around town with your hair in a bun and in your favorite yoga pants, then by all means, do it girl. You learn that you can feel just as sexy in a nice pair of sneakers as you can in heels. And most importantly, you learn that YOU are the only one responsible for YOUR happiness in life. If I've learned all this at 32, I can't wait to see what 33 has to offer!
  • PLAYOFFS!!! Both No. 1 and No. 2's basketball teams are in the playoffs. Woot woot! Both games will be played on Saturday, and it just so happens that I'll get to see them both. I love it when our schedules work out that way! They're both win or go home situations, so I'd appreciate if you could send some good vibes our way. Go Spiders! Go Warriors!




What are you thankful for today?

No comments:

Post a Comment