Saturday, April 22, 2017

Sports Mama Tip: Travel Basketball Backpack Essentials

I've already written a What's In My Basketball Mama Bag post, but what should your travel basketball player pack in THEIR bag???


No. 1 is currently using the Nike Hoops Elite Backpack. They were ordered as a team. It's water resistant, has a mesh sleeve that can fit up to a size 15 (15!) pair of sneakers, a vented wet/dry compartment which allows him to store any dirty clothes, and not to mention pretty cool looking!




Here's what goes inside:


  • Basketball sneakers. Most travel players wear slides aka sandals or non-basketball sneakers to and from the games. Comfort is key.
  • Shooting shirt. Gym temperatures are so unpredictable. It may be a little too cool to walk around in just a jersey while waiting for the game to begin. If it's really cold out, you can throw in a sweatshirt.
  • Knee Pads. They're used to protect their knees should they go down, but I'm pretty sure most kids these days mainly wear them for looks.
  • Mouthpiece. Chipped teeth can happen in basketball too!
  • Headband. To keep the sweat out of their eyes and/or the hair out of their face.
  • Water Bottle. Self explanatory. Hydration is crucial! I usually add some powdered Gatorade mix to it. Much cheaper than buying bottled Gatorades!
  • Hand sanitizer. This is definitely me being a mama bear. My *hope* is that he'll use it when snacking in between games.
  • Cellphone. Because he's a teenager. And because sometimes I can't make it due to scheduling conflicts with No. 2 and No. 3. This allows me to reach him for game updates, should I need to.
  • Snacks. Tournaments can be LONG. They will get hungry, it's a given. I make sure he has a mixture of fruit, granola bars, and something sweet.
  • Cash. Sometimes they need more than snacks. Especially when there are hours in between games. I like to be sure he has a little money should he need to buy a hotdog or something more filling from the concession stand.


I hope you found this post helpful! If you have any other suggestions, please feel free to share them in the comment section below.








Go Stars!!!






*** Click HERE to read my AAU Tournament Survival Tips!

No comments:

Post a Comment