Thursday, October 26, 2017

Why My Children Play Youth Sports

"Why do I spend more time in my car driving my boys to and from practice every week than I do at home?"


"Why do I spend six hours out of my Saturday at the football and soccer field?"


"Why do I spend the amount of money I do to keep my boys involved in sports all year long?"


"Why do I invest the energy, time, and money into being a sports mom?"


I can't tell you how many times I've been asked these questions over the years; sometimes by those closest to me.


It's not that I'm looking for a ticket to early retirement (although let's be real, that'd be sweet!). It has nothing to do with that at all.








I do it because it teaches them to be less selfish.


I do it because it teaches them to be a team player.


I do it because it teaches them that hard work does pay off.


I do it because it teaches them dedication.


I do it because it teaches them commitment.


I do it because it teaches them how to balance their time between academics and extra curricular activities.


I do it because it teaches them to have respect for authority.


I do it because it teaches them discipline.


I do it because it teaches them how to deal with defeat.


I do it because of the joy they experience when they win.


I do it because it gets them away from electronics.


I do it because it keeps them off of the streets.


I do it because of the long lasting friendships they make.


I do it because of the health benefits they receive from being physically active.


I do it because it builds confidence.


I do it because it builds character.


I do it because it builds self-esteem.


I do it because it builds social skills.




You see, the answer is really quite simple.


I don't do it for me. No, not at all.


I do it all for them.





No comments:

Post a Comment