Sunday, September 23, 2018

Sports Mama Review: SISU Mouthguards

What do you look for in a mouthguard? As a Sports Mama to three active boys, I always look for two things; strength and comfort.


But what if there were a mouthguard that provided strength, comfort, hygiene, remoldability, AND freedom?! Enter SISU. They provide all of that! Although their slogan is "More protection. Less mouthguard.", they definitely aren't cutting any corners!







SISU mouthguards are 8 times stronger than 30-50% of conventional ones (depending on the model you get!). They are 1.6-2.4 mm thin, making them super comfortable. Their slim, custom fit allows players to talk, breathe, even drink while wearing them, thus eliminating the need to take them out during the game. Bye-bye germs! And, they are remoldable. How many conventional mouthguards have you had to throw out due to them not being properly molded?


There are four different guards for your athlete to choose from; The GO provides essential coverage, the Aero is for all sports, the Max is for high impact sports, and the Junior is for athletes ages 7-10. No. 2 and No. 3 have been wearing their SISU GO guards for soccer and love them!





According to my boys, they "feel good, stay in place", and they "can talk and drink" with them in. This Sports Mama loves the fact that they are custom fitted (not just a boil and bite) and that my boys actually keep them in their mouths. I don't know about you, but my inner germaphobe cringes whenever I see young athletes taking their guards in and out and touching everything else in between!


They've also been using the SISU Mouthguard Spray. It's cinnamon/mint flavored and can be used to both freshen and clean.




I like that it's easily portable and can be thrown right in my Sports Mama Bag!


The only aspect that I believe they can improve on is having an option with a strap available. There are some youth sports clubs that require their athletes to have guards with straps, especially in football.


If you're in the market for a new mouthguard, I highly recommend checking them out. They even offer night guards for us teeth grinders (be sure to check back soon for my thoughts on it!).


Hit happens; get yourself a SISU Mouthguard!








*** Disclaimer: SISU was kind enough to send me their products, however, all thoughts and opinions are solely my own.***



No comments:

Post a Comment