Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Team Mama Idea: Breast Cancer Awareness Month

October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month. Sadly, one in eight women in the United States will be diagnosed with breast cancer in her lifetime. It is the second leading cause of cancer death among women. On average, every 2 minutes a woman is diagnosed with breast cancer and 1 woman will die of breast cancer every 13 minutes.


Two of my very close family members are survivors, my Nana and my Aunt Tia. This is a cause that is very near and dear to my heart. So, I am always sure that our team shows their support all October long. Here are some of the ways that we do it:


Every single player on our team has a pink ribbon on the back of their helmet.




They also wear pink socks. There are a ton to choose from online. My favorite place to order them from is Amazon. So many choices, all in one place. Just be sure to order about a month in advance, as they sell out... quick.






All football players love eye black, right? We were stoked to find some in pink at our local sporting goods store.






You know we just couldn't pass up the chance to sport some as well. HA!




Finally, I ordered these blingy "tattoos" for us mamas to wear. How cute are we, I mean they?!




What does your team do to raise awareness? I'm always looking for new ideas!

No comments:

Post a Comment