Monday, October 31, 2016

Halloween 2016

Halloween fell on a Monday this year. BOO! Get it, boo? Okay, okay, enough of my corny jokes. We've lucked out the last couple of years, as it fell on the weekend. Mondays are always the toughest day of the week for me, Holiday or not. I sucked it up and did my best to make it as festive as possible for the boys.


I added a "pumpkin" clementine to both No. 2 and No. 3's lunches. I didn't put one in No. 1's lunch as he's in middle school now, and I wasn't sure if he'd think it was too babyish. All I did was draw directly onto the clementine with a black permanent marker.




Aren't they cute?


For their after school snack, I made ghost brownies. Click HERE for the recipe I found on Pinterest. I baked the brownies the night before, so that they'd be completely cooled when I was ready to decorate them.




The boys thought they were so cool!


And then came the fun part, dressing up to trick-or-treat! I had a chimp, SpongeBob SquarePants, and a ghastly ghoul. Don't tell my boys, but No. 2's costume definitely won me over. Totally went with his personality!



No. 1 went trick-or-treating with his friends. Guess that's what they do when they turn thirteen. Sigh. I wasn't too fond of the idea at first, but he had a great time. I'm slowly beginning to let go. No. 2 and No. 3 went with my hubby, while I stayed back and handed out candy. My brother-in-law, nieces, and nephew joined in on the fun as well.




They came back with enough candy to last for months! Of course, I did the mandatory bag check. Yep, I check every single piece of candy. I throw out any pieces that look suspect, and always pull out the Milky Way Midnights for myself. Shhh. They are my weakness! Our elementary takes up a candy collection for active military troops, so I will definitely be sending some of ours in. I love that they do that. Such a great cause!




Happy Halloween, y'all!


No comments:

Post a Comment