Monday, February 1, 2016

The Pioneer Woman Cooks DINNERTIME

I love watching cooking shows. I'm absolutely ADDICTED to Food Network. The Kitchen, Chopped, Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives...I could watch it all day long. My favorite Food Network personality? Ree Drummond, of course! If I had to watch only one show for the rest of my life, it would be hers. I'm dead serious.


There are so many reasons I love her (the fact that she lives on a ranch, wears cowboy boots, takes awesome photos), but the main reason is that she is a mom. Not only is she a mom, she's a sports mama! Her husband coaches her boys' football team, she films all of the games, and one of her boys is a quarterback who happens to wear no.21 as his jersey number...just like my No. 1! We were practically separated at birth.


Here's another confession. Although I love watching cooking shows, I rarely attempt any of the recipes I see. I suppose I could write down the recipes during the shows or even look them up online. Or I can just purchase Ree's newest cookbook. And that's exactly what I did.






















Tada! I haven't put it down since I got it. I'm literally reading it like it's Fifty Shades of Grey. It's that good. Obviously it's all about dinner recipes (breakfast for dinner aka Brinner, soups, salads, 16-minute meals, pastas, comfort classics, the list goes on), but she also throws in some super helpful tips about prepping, stocking up your pantry, and freezing food for those days when you are just to busy to cook. Which if you're a sports mama like me, that is probably a few days a week.


We had Ree's Skillet Lasagna (pg. 194) for dinner last night and are having her Oven-Barbecued Chicken (pg. 234-which by the way is in the oven right now and smells absolutely heavenly) and Quick Shells and Cheese (pg. 214) tonight...mmm!




I'm on a mission to make every single recipe in the book. No. 3 called me "Pioneer Mom" today, ha! Pick up a copy. It's sure to make your dinner life a whole lot easier (and yummier!).

No comments:

Post a Comment