Wednesday, August 30, 2017

They Said What?- August 29, 2017

Hey mamas! I haven't written one of these types of blog posts in a while, but the words out of No. 2's mouth (actually written by him) were just too funny not to share!


Monday was the first day of the 2017-18 school year. I have an 8th, 7th, and 4th grader. Holy cow! How did that happen so quickly? As I was clearing off the kitchen table, I noticed a piece of paper with some questions and answers on it. Here's what it said:


What is your goal for this year?


Win football championship


What will you need to do to achieve this?


  1. Practice everyday
  2. Don't slack at practice
  3. Listen carefully
  4. Don't goof off
  5. Work hard


Who will you need to help support you and in what ways?


  1. Coach, to help me understand plays
  2. Dad, extra confidence
  3. Mom, drop me off


Ha!!! Wait. Really! Is that all he thinks I do?


I just had to share it with my favorite football mamas, via our never ending group chat (which averages a good 300 texts a day- at the very least!). And of course, they chimed in with all the extra things we do that he forgot to mention:


  • Pick up
  • Nourishment
  • Encouragement
  • Biggest supporter
  • Photographer
  • Memory catcher
  • Nurturer
  • Motivation speaker
  • Nutrition counselor
  • Donut purchaser
  • Watermelon cutter
  • Orange peeler
  • Banner maker
  • Cupcake baker
  • Official Febreezer
  • Cowbell ringer
  • Boo boo kisser


And my absolute favorite...


  • Goddess of all things important


I absolutely adore each and every one of them!




What will my boys say (or write!) next? Check back soon to find out!




No comments:

Post a Comment