Wednesday, January 31, 2018

Sports Mama Tip: Making The Most of YOUR Time at Practice

"I can't. My kid has practice."


Does this sound familiar? As Sports Mamas, we spend several hours out of our week taking our young athletes to and from practices. So many hours sometimes that we neglect doing things for ourselves.


Today I'm sharing five tips for making the most of your time at practice.





  1. Read. Take your Kindle, a magazine, or one of your favorite books. Reading helps stimulate the mind, improves your focus and concentration, and can even help reduce stress.
  2. Exercise. Walk or run laps around the field. Use the bleachers for stair/step exercises. No field or bleachers? You don't need a lot of room to stretch or do a few squats and lunges. Find a Sports Mama workout partner for even more motivation!
  3. Plan. Pull out your planner and plan your week. You can meal plan and even write your grocery list. Come up with ideas of things to do next time you have a free weekend. Figure out how you're going to get all three of your kids, to three different sporting events, at the exact same time. (Yep, that's currently on my to-do list!).
  4. Run errands. If you're comfortable leaving your athlete, of course. You can use this time to make/pick up dinner, swing by the grocery store, meet a friend for coffee, get a pedicure. Basically, whatever errand(s) you can fit into the hour to two hours that they're practicing.
  5. RELAX. Drink some tea. Put your headphones in. Kick your feet up. Do nothing. It is perfectly okay to not be busy every waking moment of your life.


I hope you found these tips helpful and that you use some of them next time your athlete has practice!




"Success isn't overnight. It's when everyday you get a little better than the day before. It all adds up."- Dwayne Johnson

2 comments:

  1. I always loved football practice time! I didn't want to leave in case my son got hurt (7 years and never has!)so it was my time to socialize. I had a good friend that was another football mom and we would enjoy each other's company, vent, laugh, talk....there was no where else I needed tp be. I was there for my kid but got some me time in too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jackie! Football is definitely my favorite practice to stay at too. The weather, the people, the atmosphere...there's just nothing like it! I actually look forward to it after a long day at the office :-)

      Delete