Thursday, July 19, 2018

Sports Mama Tip: 2 Weeks of Crockpot Dinner Ideas + RECIPES!

As mentioned in my last post, Surviving Dinnertime During Football Season, I absolutely LOVE making crockpot meals. Especially on those crazy busy days, which for us happen to be almost every single day during football season.


Why do I gravitate towards slow cooker meals, you ask? Let me count the ways!


  1. They're easy. Usually no more than 5 ingredients and 10 minutes of prep time is all that you need. You simply drop and go. That's it!
  2. They're quick. Wake up just 15-20 minutes earlier than you already do and dinner will be ready to serve when you and your athlete get home from practice. Score!
  3. They're delicious. Your food will basically melt in your mouth. Seriously. And not to mention the heavenly aromas that permeate your house. Mmmm!


Here are two weeks (I typically do not cook dinner on Fridays and Saturdays- hence 10 meals instead of 14) worth of athlete AND Sports Mama approved crockpot meals plus links to the recipes. ENJOY!









  1. Mongolian Beef
  2. Shredded Mexican Chicken
  3. BBQ Country Style Ribs
  4. Chicken and Stuffing
  5. Ropa Vieja (Cuban Style Shredded Beef)
  6. Chicken Parmesan and Pasta
  7. Beef Stew
  8. Chicken Broccoli Alfredo
  9. Meatball Subs
  10. Beef and Broccoli


I've made every single one of these and my family has loved them! Of course, I alter the recipes just a tad to fit my family's taste buds. If your family doesn't eat onions, don't add them. If you all like it hot, add more peppers than the recipe calls for... you get the point!




What are your family's favorite crockpot meals? I'm always looking for new ones to try!








*** Click HERE for another two weeks of crockpot dinner ideas and HERE for a full week's worth of KID-APPROVED school lunch ideas!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment