Monday, November 28, 2016

One Full Week of School Lunch Ideas!!!

I have three boys. That's a whole lot of lunch packing I have to do! No. 1 takes his lunch every single day (he is an extremely picky eater) while No. 2 and No. 3 purchase school lunch once a week and take their lunch the other four. They actually don't mind the cafeteria lunch, it's my wallet that does. Lunch in our elementary school costs $3. If I allowed both of them to buy every day it would cost us $30 a week! That's $120 a month! Umm... I'll pass.


Here are a whole week's worth of tried, tested, and most importantly KID APPROVED school lunch ideas!


Monday: DIY Nachos Lunchables




There's chips, salsa, and queso... what's not to like? Add a granola bar along with a side of your child's favorite fruit, and you're good to go!


Tuesday: Chicken Nuggets



My boys like the Purdue brand that you find in the refrigerated section. I heat them up in the oven-it makes them crispier. Throw in a mix of veggies, a couple of cookies, and a GoGo Squeez. McDonalds, who?


Wednesday: DIY Meat, Cheese, & Crackers Lunchables




All kids like the cracker lunchables, right? It's so easy, not to mention much more cost efficient to make them yourself! All you need is Ritz crackers and your child's cheese and meat of choice. I used colby jack and pepperoni this time. Pair it with mandarin oranges, a blueberry muffin, and a fruit strip. So much more nutritious and filling than the two cookies or piece of candy the store bought ones bring!



Thursday: Mini Hawaiian Roll Turkey Sandwiches




No. 3 LOVES Hawaiian bread. He also loves turkey. So putting both together was a no brainer. Send them alongside mixed fruit, popcorn, and homemade chocolate chip cookies and you've got a winner!


Friday: Good ole' PB&J Sandwich




When all else fails, there's always peanut butter and jelly. I'm pretty sure your mama use to pack it for you, and her mama use to pack it for her. It's an old school favorite. Pair it alongside some carrots, whole wheat goldfish crackers, and a fruit strip and I'm almost certain there won't be any leftovers.


Got any other tried, tested, and kid approved lunch ideas? I'd love to hear about them. I'm always on the hunt for new ones!








*** Click HERE for TWO weeks of crockpot dinner ideas!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment