Saturday, July 1, 2017

Summer Break: Week One!

The first week of Summer break is in the books! Here's what we've been up to these past seven days:




No. 1 and No. 2 picked up their football equipment over the weekend. After 5 seasons, we are finally making the move. They will be playing for the club closest to us this year. While I will undoubtedly miss the amazing boys, coaches, and families we met and grew to love over the years, I will definitely not miss all of the time spent in the car. Practices and home games will now be a whopping 5-10 minutes away, instead of 30.





I have to admit, the blue and orange is beginning to grow on me...


Of course, there were games. No. 1 had two basketball games this week. Because life just wouldn't be (my) life without sports, right? He hit four 3's in a row in one of them! Woot woot!


And look!




I did it! I harvested my very first tomato!!!


We also celebrated another one of our June babies. No. 3 turned NINE! Holy cow! My baby is 9! I can't believe it. It feels like just yesterday that we were bringing him home from the hospital, admiring how perfect all of his little features were. He looked more like a doll baby than a newborn. I know it sounds cliché, but time truly flies.




We celebrated with a visit from the Birthday Fairy, a trip to Dave & Busters, pizza, and a whole lot of sugar  sweets. The icing on the cake was when he gave me a hug and said, "mom, you make birthdays the best!".





There was also some crafting...




happy hour with my high school besties...




puppy play dates...




and last, but certainly not least, a bunch of time spent at the pool!




See you next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment