Saturday, April 7, 2018

Team Mama Idea: Soccer Post-Game Snacks

Today was opening day for No. 2's soccer league! I'm super excited for outdoor sports again. Although the fact that it was flurrying and 40 degrees (brrr!) at game time had me wishing I had switched places with Coach Hubby and taken No. 1 to his four AAU games today.




I volunteered to bring halftime fruit and post-game snacks. If you've been following me for a while, you've probably noticed that I like to get it out of the way early in the season. With three boys, this is what works best with our (crazy) busy schedules.


For halftime, I brought oranges. I cut and bagged them last night, so that all I had to do this morning was literally grab and go.




I believe I cut up eight large ones and they ate every single one! Click HERE to read which oranges I use as well as my favorite way to slice them.


For post-game snacks, I kept it super simple; assorted chips, fruit strips, and sports drinks.




Another thing you may know if you've read some of my prior snack idea posts, is that I like to bag my snacks. The main reason for bagging is that it makes distribution both easier and quicker, especially when you're handing out more than one snack. Aside from the convenience factor, it also allows me to get a bit creative.




I used a black permanent marker and these cute soccer ball stickers that I found at Michaels and wrote "Way To GOAL!" on quart-sized baggies. Once they dried, I added a bag of chips and a fruit strip to each one.






Such an easy, inexpensive way to kick your snacks up to the next level- no pun intended. Okay, maybe a little.


We won 6-3, and my boy scored a goal!





Made sitting in the freezing cold all worth it!








9/9/18- Here's my most recent take on soccer snacks. I found the cute bags at Party City!














*** Click HERE for my most recent post-game snack idea. Have an early morning game this season? Click HERE for post-game snack ideas. Also, be sure to check out my Soccer Mama Survival Tips as well as see what I carry in my Soccer Mama Bag!







No comments:

Post a Comment