Saturday, March 12, 2016

Basketball Cupcakes

No. 2's basketball team made it to the championship game! They only lost one game during the regular season, so they are the number one seed. In my sports mama mind that calls for none other than...CUPCAKES! Yep, I'm that mama always looking for a reason to bring goodies.


These were pretty easy to make, and I am by no means a baker. I used a boxed cake (Funfetti, to be exact), vanilla frosting, orange icing color, black icing, and a no. 2 piping tip.


I let the cupcakes cool completely prior to icing. While they were cooling, I spooned the vanilla frosting into a bowl and began to add in the orange icing color, little by little with a toothpick. It did take quite a bit of icing color to achieve that perfect basketball orange. Once iced, I drew on the black lines using the no. 2 piping tip. I began by piping the line down the middle (or the "almost" middle-ha!), then added a curved line on each side of the middle line, followed by the line across. Ta-da, basketball cupcakes!


Not too shabby for my first attempt, huh? I can't wait to share them with the team.


GO SPARTANS!






*** Update: THEY WON!!!!!!!!!








*** Click HERE for my soccer cupcakes and HERE for my football cupcakes! ***




No comments:

Post a Comment